Monday, April 09, 2007

First Impressions

I've always known that Craig's List and I would get a long quite well if I ever introduced myself. Maybe even a little too well! For that reason, I've put it off for quite some time, but with my roommate getting married in Aug. and taking several furniture items with her, I decided it was time.

In the last two weeks I've made the following purchases:

Cute bookcase for accessible fabric storage: $35


Desk and chair for our 1970's-style, upstairs livingroom: $30
(This is going to look great with a new paint job eventually.)


Bad picture of a nice table and 6 chairs: $400
(These pieces are older, but really well-made-- in Sweden. I also love the lines of the chairs. Maybe I'll post a better picture after I pick them up today.)

I think this has been a sucessful introduction to Craig's List. Anyone have a really great Craig's List story?

2 Comments:

Blogger vine street said...

I love love LOVE Craig's list. Maternity clothes, baby clothes, couches, chairs, tables, etc. I think our entire house is made up of Craig's list purchases.

Now, the honest truth is that these items don't necessarily represent my taste in style. But the great prices are way too hard to pass up.

I love the pics. Nice choices.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I am so jealous of that table. I can't wait for the next photo of it! I've been searching Craig's for months for the perfect table, but nothing! Maybe I need to move to Vegas!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home