Thursday, March 01, 2007

Some Beautiful Things


Okay, so I was lazy last weekend and I didn't take any pictures. It was great though, trust me. My roommate Melissa is now married and the sealing and reception were both beautiful in all the important ways. (And she was beautiful, also very important.)

I also got to see my sister this weekend (who is looking beautiful just a few months after having her second child). Jeni and I appreciate the same kinds of beautiful things-- so whenever we get together we play show and tell to share all of the loveliness we've encountered, produced and purchased since our last visit. This time was especially funny because we had less than 2 hours until I had to leave for the wedding so we were cramming it all in. I was pulling things out of my suitcase and she was gathering them from around the house.

I gave Jeni some
lovely cupcake papers for her birthday and promised a cakeplate would soon follow. She gave me a few fun books, my favorite of which is The Sweet Life: Reflections on Home and Garden by Laura Stoddart. The illustrations are perfectly lovely and it is full of little gems such as:

"There is no furniture so charming as books, even if you never open them, or read a single word" - Sydney Smith

"Woman has no seduction for the man who cannot keep his eyes off his magnolias."




You should
check it out on Amazon, go to "Search Inside" and click on the "Surprise Me" link. You'll be pleasantly surprised.



P.S. Happy Birthday Jeni!

2 Comments:

Blogger cropstar said...

Beautiful! I LOVE those illustrations.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Glad you liked it, like I knew you would!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home