Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Of Montreal


Rachel, Megan and I went to a concert yesterday that was really cool. . .until it suddenly became really not-cool. So we only stayed for half of it. I want to blog about the event, but it was not appropriate for all {any} audiences.

The real irony is that we thought the event started at 8pm, so we had waited 3 hours for the band and protected our spot in the front and it turned out that the best part was the sound check we heard at 8pm.
Some other good stuff:
- Discovering the Art Bar (great little venue)
- The 15 year olds (maybe annoying, but at least we had some entertainment during the wait)
- Boys with really pretty hair and striped scarves
- The excellent opening act (wait, oh yeah, there wasn't one)
- Free water
- The guy taking pictures of the playlist with everyone's cameras
- Keeping our spot because "it's probably going to start any minute"
- Guitars with butterflies on them and unicorn pins
- "Come disconnect the dots with me poppet" still in my head
- A friend to leave with (thanks Rach)

2 Comments:

Blogger vantastic said...

"I thought it would be great to see Of Montreal...but maybe not see so much of him. I knew he was an exhibitionist, but I didnt think he would exhibit that much." Those are quotes from an email I sent my friend yesterday. Then I laughed. good times at the art bar.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Marcilyn said...

First time I saw Of Montreal there was a teenage boy in the crowd wearing a pleated pink mini skirt and I was shocked by this until I saw the lead singer come on stage wearing the exact same skirt and I understood.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home