Friday, July 11, 2008

Framing the Question

Because I recently got married and went to Europe, I've been thinking about, looking for and purchasing picture frames lately. I've noticed that I tend to be overly matchy-matchy in looking for the perfect frame. Even though I like the eclectic look, I get caught up on things going together "just so". For example, the frames and prints above (from Julia Rothman) are perfect for each other, even if they aren't an obvious and sophisticated match. It's the painted pink frames that emphasizes the "folk-art" look.

I think I might have the similar problem with finding a new couch. My husband and I are not sure what kind of couch we will agree on because comfort (his priority) and design (my priority) seem to be somewhat mutually exclusive. However, lately I've noticed a few interiors that feel put-together without being centered on the perfect "designy" couch.

Here are a couple of examples:
So, maybe I'm going about my home decorating backwards-- getting too caught up on the pieces and their "matchy-ness" , rather than focusing on an overall feel that I like. It's important to LIKE the couch, but maybe it doesn't have to have gorgeous dramatic/clean lines and perfect fabric in order to work within the room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home