Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Euro Touro 2008

** North. England and Bath/London have been updated below**

Making a tour of Europe was once considered the capstone of an education for young gentlemen of the court. I can see why. I’ve had the opportunity to travel quite a bit, but it was still eye-opening to see the extent of differences between cultures in such a small area. The diversity across Europe is hard to comprehend as an American. The US is homogenous in comparison. And, although I love the diversity of foods we enjoy in the US, nothing compares to the original. I will forever miss Parisian pastries and baguettes, Italian-made pomodoro sauce, ravioli and (especially) gelato.

It seems that everyone I know is taking some incredible vacations right now! I’ve read a lot of trip logs and seen pictures from amazing destinations, but I’m getting travel-logged out! So, I’ll to keep this short to keep you interested and to ensure it gets posted before the next vacation rolls around. Read assured that these are truly the highlights! I've divided the post into our major destinations and will start working on Northern England right. . . now!


(Note: travel posts are added in order below this post, so that they make sense chronologically.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Yeah for Kara blogging! I love the photos. Everything you post is so yummy! That's so fun you could see Europe. Keep it coming!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Sara Jarvie said...

Wow that is so neat that you got to go with your family to Europe. I was just about to call you and realized that I don't have your cell anymore....I dropped my phone. Call me. We need to catch up. :)

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home