Thursday, January 24, 2008

Live from New York

So, I've only seen two operas in my life, but I think this is amazing.

The Metropolitan Opera is collaborating with Fathom entertainment to bring LIVE opera from New York to a theater near you. I love the idea of quality cultural events being accessible like that. It's the perfect solution for those of us in culture-less places like Las Vegas.

As an MPA grad and art/culture enthusiast, I always notice small towns that try to support an art museum or a library. It's admirable. I can appreciate what they are trying to do-- but it's always a constant uphill climb for funding and a quality "product". I love that the internet and other technologies make the world smaller and these things more accessible in an affordable way.
I read somewhere that more people are cooking gourmet because no matter where you live, you can have exotic ingredients delivered to your front door within the week! That's wonderful!!

What amazing things have you been exposed to lately online or at the library?

1 Comments:

Blogger vine street said...

I'm still contemplating what Lincoln has to offer...but in the meantime, speaking of opera, I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera on Feb 1!!!!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home