Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Gocco I

I've been anxious to experiment with my new gocco machine for some time now. (It's one of the many projects that I can finally start now that the dress is done.) I made a few of these contact information cards for my brother who will be coming home from his mission this year.

When most people undertake gocco projects their pictures are of rows and rows of drying cards. I, however, only turned out 3 sucessful pieces (of 20 or so). The rest were missing most of my brother's name and some of the other text. My diagnosis is three fold--

1- The directions say to remove the image carefully, but after I burned the screen I opened the machine and the image stuck to the sticky mount area and came right off the screen.

2- Maybe I shouldn't have used the riso fabric ink on paper, but I wanted the red color.

3- Maybe the lettering was just too small.

I'm going to try enlarging my image a bit and burn a new screen tonight. Hopefully it works this time. I only have one screen and two bulbs left on hand.

1 Comments:

Blogger bex said...

it's a great design!! just make sure that your image is flush up against your screen when you are burning it - sometimes i stick extra paper against the sticky holding pad to make sure that my image is all totally touching the screen, because it burns the screen because of a reaction to the carbon in your xerox (or so i have read)

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home