Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ten Days Late and Ten-thousand Dollars Short

I came across a little gem today: Scotch’s Most Gifted Wrapper. We all missed the deadline to enter the 2006 competition, but considering this is the 10th annual wrapping contest it will probably come around again next year.

Reasons to apply:
- Brush-up on your creative writing skills with the 100-word essay
- Spend a day wrapping gifts, who doesn’t like wrapping presents?
- See your name on a national press release of a Fortune 500 Company
- Free trip to New York
- $10k, or at least $250 if you are a finalist

If you aren’t actually skilled at wrapping, you should nominate someone who is. You will win $1,000 if he/she is crowned America’s Most Gifted Wrapper.

2 Comments:

Blogger annzy said...

I rock the Wrap ~I use to volenteer to wrap gifts at the bookstore when I was done with my fall finals ~it puts you in such a holiday mood.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

According to the official contest rules you can still compete as an amateur since you were a volunteer.

Sometimes I have the store employees wrap my gifts just so that I can get some pretty paper for free. Then I take the gift home and re-wrap it the way I wanted it wrapped.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home