Friday, September 08, 2006

The Higher Law

I just started a New Testament class on Thursday evenings. Yesterday we learned about the higher law and that we are to live with a pure heart, not just pure actions. The teacher emphasized that ill feelings towards anyone, for any reason, separate us from the spirit.

At the beginning of the hour he had asked everyone to write down the name of someone who had offended them or who they might consider an enemy. At the end of the class, he challenged everyone to contact that individual and make amends. He even said those who are noble among us would act on this challenge. Luckily I had arrived to class late, so I don’t have to forgive anyone. My friend Wendi however, had written down Osama Bin Laden. Anybody know where he can be reached?

On a more serious note, the evening reminded me of a quote that I couldn’t quite remember. I went home and found it in my old notes.

“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and left untried.” - Google mostly attributes this to GK Chesterton

I will try harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home