Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What Would You Get?

You may recall that I am being trained to be a professional water taster. After 40+ hours of training and a like amount of practice, it was determined that our group was prepared to take the final exam. (Yes, there is a final exam for water tasting. They are quite serious about this stuff.) The exam lasted 4 hours and consisted of several tasting and smelling sections and a written portion. We all passed, which means that we have become “highly calibrated instruments” –as our instructor, Roy, puts it. (My highly calibrated nose is currently picking up some foul aromatics. I hate it when people microwave strange foods early in the morning. It’s bad enough at lunchtime.)

Strange as it may sound, the exam actually was kind of challenging and I was quite surprised to learn I received the high score for the group. Roy told me that it is tradition to send a gift/award to the high scoring panelist and that I should think of something he can ship to Las Vegas. He hails from Boston—so if I want anything Bostonian, this is my chance to get it. Does anyone have any suggestions? (Roy said Red Sox paraphernalia is a popular pick and that he once shipped lobster from Maine—too bad I don’t like lobster.)

What would you get?

5 Comments:

Blogger cropstar said...

Forget Sox stuff! I think you should have him send you a water chesnut seed (check out amish robot and the comments), ie. a ninja tree seed. That'd just be cool.

9:47 AM  
Blogger annzy said...

I belive you should ask for a lovely water pitcher ~what else would someone with your skills want

3:15 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Cropper- I thought those seeds were crazy-cool too! They definitely look like they fell from an elusive ninja-tree.

Ann- You are brilliant! I even have a small pitcher collection. The only thing that can foil this plan is if Roy has poor taste in serving-ware.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kara, you are brilliant. And with excellent taste. (hehehe) Good job!

Hmm...Ann's suggestion is a very good one. I don't think I can top it. But, I will think on this for you.

12:17 PM  
Blogger انجين محمد said...

فني بركيه بالدمام
تركيب باركيه بالدمام
تركيب غرف نوم بالدمام
تركيب مطابخ بالدمام
نجار بالدمام
نجار بالاحساء
تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالدمام

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home