Friday, March 17, 2006

Kara on the Line

I'm running a race tomorrow.

Today at lunch I was reveling in the Friday-ness of the afternoon. It suddenly dawned on me that if today is Friday. . .then tomorrow is Saturday-- which means my race is tomorrow.

Although I've known it's been coming for a few weeks, I was immediately nervous and dreading those last ten minutes on the starting line, waiting for the gun. This is a feeling that anyone who has ever found themselves on a starting line of a long-distance race will be very familiar with! I'm sure you sprinters out there get nervous for your races too, but do you spend up to 30 minutes ON THE LINE? It's the best and the worst part of running!

I'll let you know how it goes and post some pics next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home