Friday, March 10, 2006

Survival of the Fittest?

Clark County, Nevada hosts an annual tournament of champions called the "Corporate Challenge." This involves pitting teams of pasty white paper pushers against one another to determine which company/agency has employed the least-weak individuals. Sports range from horseshoes to soccer, including a track meet for which I competed in the mile last year.

At the Water District, employees and their family members are invited to participate in a T-shirt design contest for that year's Corporate Challenge logo. At 4pm on the day before the deadline, I decided to enter the contest because designing a logo sounded more interesting than any of my actual assignments. Besides, the winner receives $50 and free shirt, not a bad deal!

The fruits of my efforts (a play on the District's logo) can be seen below (left) alongside the winning design. It appears that the rules of natural selection breakdown when we promote people with bad taste to positions of power.

(The colors are not quite right.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there you have it. Another tacky t-shirt is born. We'll be seeing those in thrift stores across Southern Nevada in a year or so.

I'm disappointed with their selection. Your design is Gorgeous!!! And, I'm extremely impressed with your witty style. I knew we were old friends!

You make me want to blog,
Nancy

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home