Monday, July 31, 2006

Happy Birthday Nancy

My 'old friend' Nancy recently told me,

"I love meeting new people and finding out that you're old friends."

Yesterday was Nancy's birthday and I wanted to give her something just right {especially after she had set the bar so high with her gift to me last week-- she made a beautiful wall hanging made entirely out of recycled materials including parts of a piano. Sounds interesting, eh? I will post a picture of it soon.}

On Saturday, we had a sewing morning, which turned out to be a wonderful collaboration of ideas, advice and a bit of sewing. It was so much fun that I just kept on sewing after everyone left and the result was this adorable little purse for Nancy's birthday.





I turned out perfectly, and I didn't even have a definite plan in mind when I started it-- it just kind of made itself. I wish every project turned out so well! Happy birthday Nancy.

Here's the tag.

7 Comments:

Blogger cropstar said...

My favorite part is the "Happy Birthday Nancy" tag on the inside. so cute. Talent abounds in you my friend!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh so cute. I'm jealous for your talent!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It did turn out perfectly! Thanks for using your talents to make me a birthday present, and then using more of your talents to write about it :)
Now, "Old friend" you must teach me how to sew so well!

11:50 AM  
Blogger bex said...

that is so cute. you really did it without a pattern or anything?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

It's not nearly as hard as it looks. It's pretty much just a piece of fabric folded in half with stitching up the sides. Then you add a couple pleats, a button and a handle for good measure.

Wallah, you have a purse.

PS- what IS difficult is spelling "wallah". I even tried to look it up at m-w.com.

3:57 PM  
Blogger cropstar said...

kara- wallah is actually spelled "Voila!" It's french for 'and there you have it' or something like that. In french you really do pronounce the V but we americans have... well... americanized it. So... VOILA!

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bag is just delightful...the print, the colors, everything. I love the tag! Soo cute! I am jealous of anyone with mad sewing skills.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home