Thursday, September 14, 2006

Red Shoe, Blue Shoe


I know I really shouldn't be one to speak about teenage fashion trends (since I have been guilty of layering two pairs of color coordinated socks, back in the day). But I saw an amusing sight this morning on my way home from my run. A high school student was walking to the bus stop with one black shoe and one red and white shoe. They were two completely different types of shoes, one with a much thicker sole, so he had an interesting saunter going on.

Call me old, but I don't get it.

4 Comments:

Blogger cropstar said...

I saw the same thing yesterday at Subway. The scary young girl (?) working there was wearing 2 different kinds of skater shoes. I too just didn't get it. If not getting it makes me old then bring on old age.
And, I'm proud to say, I never layered my socks nor had LA Gears w/ 2 colored shoe laces.

9:09 AM  
Blogger vine street said...

This has definitely got to be a Las Vegas trend. Here in Nebraska, everyone wears two of the same kind of shoe. What's wrong with you guys down there?

My main question is: did you ask the kid if you could photograph his sneakers? Wow!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

Las Vegas is so fashion forward.

11:39 AM  
Blogger annzy said...

I finally saw a 13 year old today where I am subing wearing one green and one tan shoe ~i desperatly wanted to ask him why this was all the fashion ~but it seemed to forward.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home